One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He lay unmurmuring for all the tossing of the road over the long miles of the ride.’
- ‘It is Jesus, the unmurmuring sacrifice, who charges us to, ‘be patient.’’
- ‘Not precisely a joyless life nor a life lived in negation of God; only a torpid, base life of mostly unmurmuring content, unfit in the main for such a being as man in such a world as this.’
- ‘A hopeless task; but they continue at it unmurmuring, giving their bodies without stint, as once they gave their labour, to the fields and the sea.’
- ‘Such is the spirit of meek and unmurmuring submission in which we ought to receive the dispensations of God, however severe and afflictive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.