One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not influenced by or concerned with morality.Compare with immoral
- ‘Society regarded this victory over sex as its greatest triumph, and the historian readily admitted it, since the moral issue, for the moment did not concern who was studying the relations of unmoral force.’
- ‘So while it is not necessarily moral or unmoral to do drugs, the consequences of your actions are moral or unmoral regardless of whether or not they come about by natural means or artificial ones.’
- ‘The band's lyrics and lifestyle are about as unmoral as one can get.’
- ‘The reason for his choice of unmoral means to build a moral society is not logical.’
- ‘Sex has long been viewed as something evil and unmoral by the church.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.