One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not having or showing qualities traditionally associated with men.‘his hair made him look unmasculine’‘unmasculine behavior’
- ‘The explanation was that it made him look unmasculine.’
- ‘As specified by the definition of "mannish," we judge these men to be unmasculine.’
- ‘Boys have reported that they consider the seeking and sharing of advice unmasculine behavior.’
- ‘When he talks I hate his unmasculine voice.’
- ‘An excessive interest in high academic achievement or a fondness for art or music are viewed by many young men as unmasculine.’
- ‘When men in nursing are stereotyped as incompetent or somehow 'unmasculine', then men who choose to enter nursing can find it difficult to combat this.’
- ‘"Many men are genuinely proud of their culinary skill and see nothing undignified or unmasculine in being able to turn out a batch of fluffy biscuits."’
- ‘Those men who fear doing anything unmasculine, who wield the charge of femininity like a weapon, are finally undone by that fear.’
- ‘Despite an attitude that considered dancing shamefully unmasculine, Juan was sufficiently motivated by this information to try his best.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.