One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a manner that is not permitted or recognized by law or the rules.‘he acted unlawfully in refusing to disclose the report’‘circumstances suggest she was unlawfully killed’
- ‘They last week arrested 18 people for allegedly selling pharmaceutical drugs unlawfully over the Internet.’
- ‘The claim that positive discrimination is being unlawfully applied comes up in a number of forms.’
- ‘Fifteen customers have had small amounts of money unlawfully charged to their credit card accounts.’
- ‘A private detective was fined for unlawfully obtaining information relating to "vulnerable women" from medical centres.’
- ‘The law prohibits the breaking of a protective device in a way that unlawfully obtains access to the data.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.