One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a manner that is not permitted or recognized by law or the rules.‘he acted unlawfully in refusing to disclose the report’‘circumstances suggest she was unlawfully killed’
- ‘The claim that positive discrimination is being unlawfully applied comes up in a number of forms.’
- ‘Fifteen customers have had small amounts of money unlawfully charged to their credit card accounts.’
- ‘The law prohibits the breaking of a protective device in a way that unlawfully obtains access to the data.’
- ‘They last week arrested 18 people for allegedly selling pharmaceutical drugs unlawfully over the Internet.’
- ‘A private detective was fined for unlawfully obtaining information relating to "vulnerable women" from medical centres.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.