One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Straighten or become straight.with object ‘the next job was to unkink the twisted Christmas lights’no object ‘the road ahead unkinked’
untwine, disentwine, disentangle, unravel, unsnarl, unwind, unroll, uncoil, unreel, undo, spread out, unfurl, open, open out, lay out, straighten, straighten outView synonyms
- ‘Raise your eyebrows, open your mouth and say ‘aahhh ‘to unkink your jaw and get blood flowing to your face.’’
- ‘Stretches increase flexibility, unkink the muscle and place it in the best position to communicate with the nervous system.’
- ‘My neck muscles begin to unkink and the canned music leaves my head.’
- ‘I pushed my chair back and stood up, stretching out until my back unkinked itself with a most satisfying pop, and tossed at least five separate cans into the little trash can next to my work desk.’
- ‘All is not what it seems, however, as strange twists and turns make viewers stay glued to their screens trying to unkink the sordid mess.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.