One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inconsiderate and harsh behavior.‘she had had enough of her father's unkindness’
- ‘‘Meanness’ connotes not only the personal characteristics of spite, unkindness, or aggression, but also the social conditions of shabbiness and impoverishment.’
- ‘In apparently impossible circumstances, where nothing but harshness and unkindness prevail, two human beings make contact, or at least one reaches out a hand to another.’
- ‘Cruelty to animals, deliberate unkindness, bullying smaller children: these were major crimes.’
- ‘Certainly, that notion is incompatible with cruelty and unkindness to one another.’
- ‘In the face of your inconsideration or unkindness, I may experience pain, indignation, chagrin, shame, annoyance, bashfulness and more besides.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.