One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inconsiderate and harsh behavior.‘she had had enough of her father's unkindness’
- ‘Cruelty to animals, deliberate unkindness, bullying smaller children: these were major crimes.’
- ‘In the face of your inconsideration or unkindness, I may experience pain, indignation, chagrin, shame, annoyance, bashfulness and more besides.’
- ‘In apparently impossible circumstances, where nothing but harshness and unkindness prevail, two human beings make contact, or at least one reaches out a hand to another.’
- ‘Certainly, that notion is incompatible with cruelty and unkindness to one another.’
- ‘‘Meanness’ connotes not only the personal characteristics of spite, unkindness, or aggression, but also the social conditions of shabbiness and impoverishment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.