One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She bore him three children - then found him gradually moving emotionally away from her, not unkindly, but with a cruel determination.’
- ‘‘They're good musicians,’ she says, not unkindly.’
- ‘I entered a hazy phase where I was ‘holding court’ a little using the continuous, free-association form of discourse that my wife unkindly refers to as wittering.’
- ‘Thank you for staying my hand when I was tempted to pen a nasty review of someone who'd written unkindly about my books.’
- ‘Even possible allies may view the hostile takeover unkindly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.