Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Involving one variate or variable quantity.
- ‘The figure below shows a typical screen shot of the univariate demonstration software.’
- ‘Cases were compared with controls initially by univariate analyses.’
- ‘Associations with vaccination were analysed by univariate logistic regression.’
- ‘Characteristics of the sample population were analyzed using univariate descriptive statistics.’
- ‘We used univariate analysis to identify risk factors for mortality.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.