Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A list of the combined holdings of several libraries.
- ‘A union catalogue of books available in the libraries of various cultural organisations will be made available.’
- ‘The task of incorporating descriptions of the Cherryburn collections into the Trust's national union catalogue - which is still ongoing - is consequently an unusually complex undertaking.’
- ‘Here we have listed out both Indian and international union catalogues of Journals available on the Internet.’
- ‘Already, eight libraries have been networked and have a union catalogue in place.’
- ‘One of the key differences between virtual and physical union catalogues would appear to revolve around service.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.