One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a god, spirit, or power) not invoked or called on in prayer.
- ‘The visions are usually spontaneous and uninvoked, except when the seer uses the blade-bone of a sheep.’
- ‘The uninvoked Section 215 doesn't actually mention libraries and is aimed at things like airline, hotel, and bank records.’
- ‘A new board is being set up with the power, so far uninvoked, to impose a settlement.’
- ‘The act of remembrance, even uninvoked remembrance, dredges up early trauma to experience anew.’
- ‘With respect to uninvoked rights, the rationale for such a high standard is that such a right represents a sword of Damocles over the buyer's head which may fall in the future.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.