One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a god, spirit, or power) not invoked or called on in prayer.
- ‘A new board is being set up with the power, so far uninvoked, to impose a settlement.’
- ‘With respect to uninvoked rights, the rationale for such a high standard is that such a right represents a sword of Damocles over the buyer's head which may fall in the future.’
- ‘The act of remembrance, even uninvoked remembrance, dredges up early trauma to experience anew.’
- ‘The visions are usually spontaneous and uninvoked, except when the seer uses the blade-bone of a sheep.’
- ‘The uninvoked Section 215 doesn't actually mention libraries and is aimed at things like airline, hotel, and bank records.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.