One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Both men started unimpressively and appeared far from certain to have lengthy careers, but they were seen as investments and ones to be nurtured along, and as such a certain leeway was extended their way.’
- ‘When stripped of his theoretical armor, he limped along unimpressively in an intellectual no-man's land and didn't, it became apparent, have much to say.’
- ‘Aberdeen are playing unimpressively, but winning.’
- ‘Sweden squeezed unimpressively past Macedonia 1-0 to take a provisional lead in group four.’
- ‘After the Games, he followed his illustrious team-mates into the NBA, but in the 14 years since, he has performed unimpressively in the main.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.