One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When stripped of his theoretical armor, he limped along unimpressively in an intellectual no-man's land and didn't, it became apparent, have much to say.’
- ‘Both men started unimpressively and appeared far from certain to have lengthy careers, but they were seen as investments and ones to be nurtured along, and as such a certain leeway was extended their way.’
- ‘Sweden squeezed unimpressively past Macedonia 1-0 to take a provisional lead in group four.’
- ‘After the Games, he followed his illustrious team-mates into the NBA, but in the 14 years since, he has performed unimpressively in the main.’
- ‘Aberdeen are playing unimpressively, but winning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.