One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Somewhere on Interstate 95 between Portsmouth, N.H., and Boston, this road sign stands plainly, unimposingly, on a patch of gravel and broken glass.’
- ‘Ana strolled among the gathering, her calm eyes taking in all the activity around her, arms folded unimposingly across her front.’
- ‘It's the kind of album that can float past unimposingly if relegated to the background but listen closely and its rich detail comes forth.’
- ‘It seems odd to recommend this record as one of the finest of the year, as it appeared so unimposingly.’
- ‘Pretty much any question you might have about the inn or the town has been anticipated and unimposingly answered by Laurie already, if you just look around the inn a little.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.