Consisting of or involving a single molecule.
- ‘Understanding the molecular mechanisms of unimolecular and bimolecular misfolding may lead to advances in biomedicine and in protein production improvements.’
- ‘The J factors, which are defined as the ratios of equilibrium constants for ligatable unimolecular and bimolecular forms with cohesive ends hybridized, are measured from their ligation rates under certain conditions.’
- ‘First, modest changes in the binding energy on receptor clustering significantly increase receptor binding on clustered ligand surfaces relative to random unimolecular ligand distributions.’
- ‘In our case, the reaction of interest is simply the unimolecular folding/unfolding of the coarse-grained protein molecules in their finite-concentration solution environment.’
- ‘When added to naked DNA fragments that are too short and inflexible for cyclization, HMG proteins enhance unimolecular ligation into small circles.’