One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having, consisting of, or characterized by only one loculus or cavity; single-chambered.
- ‘Although foraminiferans are known for certain since the earliest Cambrian, their diversity and variability during the Cambrian is limited to a few agglutinated unilocular genera.’
- ‘The most common type is the retroperitoneal mucinous cystadenomas, which are benign cystic tumors characterized by a large unilocular or multilocular cyst.’
- ‘A cystic structure detected on ultrasound that is unilateral, unilocular, without a septum or ascites, and less than 5 cm can be followed conservatively with serial sonography.’
- ‘The testis was nearly entirely replaced by a thin-walled unilocular cystic mass measuring 2.0 cm in greatest dimension.’
- ‘Taxa within the group are variously unilocular or multilocular, spherical, tubular or uniserial, and coiled or uncoiled.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.