One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having, consisting of, or characterized by only one loculus or cavity; single-chambered.
- ‘The testis was nearly entirely replaced by a thin-walled unilocular cystic mass measuring 2.0 cm in greatest dimension.’
- ‘A cystic structure detected on ultrasound that is unilateral, unilocular, without a septum or ascites, and less than 5 cm can be followed conservatively with serial sonography.’
- ‘The most common type is the retroperitoneal mucinous cystadenomas, which are benign cystic tumors characterized by a large unilocular or multilocular cyst.’
- ‘Taxa within the group are variously unilocular or multilocular, spherical, tubular or uniserial, and coiled or uncoiled.’
- ‘Although foraminiferans are known for certain since the earliest Cambrian, their diversity and variability during the Cambrian is limited to a few agglutinated unilocular genera.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.