One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A location or address identifying where documents can be found on the Internet.
- ‘Standard business cards would need to list e-mail uniform resource locators instead of e-mail addresses.’
- ‘Document representations in both situations are generally composed of the first few lines of a document, locator information such as a uniform resource locator and title tag metadata.’
- ‘A user can type in uniform resource locators and e-mails using large touch-screens and high quality graphics.’
- ‘By including a URL (uniform resource locator) address in an e-mail message, a user can click on an address to launch a browser application and link to the Web site.’
- ‘The manual review uncovered a number of irregularities and inaccuracies in the uniform resource locators, as well as duplicate URLs within individual libraries that went undetected by the link extracting software.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.