One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A location or address identifying where documents can be found on the Internet.
- ‘The manual review uncovered a number of irregularities and inaccuracies in the uniform resource locators, as well as duplicate URLs within individual libraries that went undetected by the link extracting software.’
- ‘A user can type in uniform resource locators and e-mails using large touch-screens and high quality graphics.’
- ‘Document representations in both situations are generally composed of the first few lines of a document, locator information such as a uniform resource locator and title tag metadata.’
- ‘Standard business cards would need to list e-mail uniform resource locators instead of e-mail addresses.’
- ‘By including a URL (uniform resource locator) address in an e-mail message, a user can click on an address to launch a browser application and link to the Web site.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.