Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The body of laws governing commercial transactions in the US.
- ‘Auctions are so different from retail that they are governed by different Federal laws, state laws, Uniform Commercial Codes, and city ordinances.’
- ‘Over the past 50 years, various updates and revisions have been approved, so the Uniform Commercial Code as adopted in all of the states is not exactly uniform.’
- ‘A committee that includes consumer representatives was set up early this year to review the Uniform Commercial Codes.’
- ‘The scope of the Uniform Commercial Code is such that we have advised clients in a wide variety of industries, including the following.’
- ‘The National filing forms contained in Section 9521 of the Uniform Commercial Code will be accepted for filing.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.