One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A theory that describes two or more of the four interactions (electromagnetic, gravitational, weak, and strong) previously described by separate theories.
- ‘There he studied electromagnetic theory and relativity and began to publish on a unified field theory.’
- ‘For the remainder of his life he sought without success a unified field theory embracing electromagnetism, gravitation, and quantum mechanics.’
- ‘Klein's hypothesis was yet another crack at a unified field theory, this time in attempt to unify the strong, weak, and electromagnetic forces.’
- ‘On the contrary, he wanted nothing more than to find a unified field theory which not only would join together gravitational and electromagnetic forces but also would provide the basis for a new interpretation of quantum phenomena.’
- ‘His aim was to unite relativity with the theory of electromagnetism and produce a unified field theory - the forerunner of today's theories of everything.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.