One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Moving or operating in a single direction.
- ‘It means that the causality of evolution is not unidirectional.’
- ‘Movements in respect of exchange rates may not, however, be unidirectional.’
- ‘The palacocurrent direction is not reversing, but unidirectional and approximately normal to the plane of the photograph.’
- ‘A loop is provided towards Race Course Road with a unidirectional 7.5 metres wide carriageway grade level service road for free turn towards Seshadripuram.’
- ‘The work of Gough has shown that a metal deforms under cyclic strain by slip on the same atomic planes and in the same crystallographic directions as in unidirectional strain.’
- ‘Despite the fact that traffic is free to flow in both the directions, time taken is likely to be less than that taken on a unidirectional route.’
- ‘There is also a growing body of evidence that the process of listening is not unidirectional but involves information being fed back to the hearing mechanism.’
- ‘Is it possible to do a functional analysis that does not depend on assumptions of unidirectional linear time and causation?’
- ‘But now that the ice seems to be thawing, filmmakers are prepared to overlook the fact that the efforts are largely unidirectional.’
- ‘As we have seen time and time again, these international reverberations are by no means unidirectional or even multidirectional, but revolving.’
- ‘This irrational emotional economy has short-circuited itself through the excess of a unidirectional flow of desire.’
- ‘They are found in regions of limited sand supply and unidirectional winds, resulting in relatively small and highly mobile stores of sand migrating in a downwind direction.’
- ‘Their study revealed that more than 90 percent of the sample Web pages form a single connected part if links are treated as a unidirectional link.’
- ‘A shotgun mic is a unidirectional microphone, meaning it picks up sound in the direction where it's aimed.’
- ‘But over time and aided by unidirectional modernism the communal aspects have not only been taken for granted but also alienated.’
- ‘Our concept of time and its unidirectional flow could not exist in such a world.’
- ‘It is these unidirectional authority relationships that are antithetical to citizen engagement.’
- ‘The project comprises a main flyover along Seshadri Road with unidirectional carriageway, and a loop towards Race Course side with a unidirectional carriageway.’
- ‘It is better to treat the whole thing as a single pan, as long as it remains unidirectional.’
- ‘It's fast, only costs a few pence and is unidirectional like e-mail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.