Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Transmission of a data package or an audiovisual signal to a single recipient.as modifier ‘the unicast method wastes a lot of bandwidth by sending duplicate information’
- ‘The presentation can be coordinated as a multicast to simultaneous users and as a unicast, for users who want to see the presentation after the fact.’
- ‘WPA allows you to specify the type of encryption used for unicast and broadcast or multicast frames.’
- ‘It also includes the VideoLAN Client, which can be used as a server to stream MPEG - 1, MPEG - 2 and MPEG - 4 files and DVDs on the network in unicast or multicast.’
- ‘There is a middle ground between broadcasts and unicasts, and that is a multicast.’
- ‘Bottom line, says Bhatia: Streaming content to consumers from edge-servers is less expensive, with better quality than anything you send from a central data center, via a unicast model, where every consumer is ‘hitting’ the same server.’
1990s: on the pattern of broadcast.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.