One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All this work goes on quietly, unheroically, with no awards, medals or statues of recognition.’
- ‘They also often act more selfishly and unheroically than the more likable characters.’
- ‘Why would an otherwise brave hero - one of the greatest at Troy - act so unheroically at this point?’
- ‘The man himself was killed, merely 22 years old, allegedly, and rather unheroically, run over by a truck.’
- ‘In Britain, the badge of distinction awarded to historic buildings is unheroically called ` listing’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.