One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But the present analysis of lawsuits and prosecutions involving illegitimacy suggests both the considerable resilience of popular culture and the unhelpfulness of simple dichotomies between popular and elite culture.’
- ‘It is a mindset which appears to delight in unhelpfulness.’
- ‘Instead of helping me, he became offended and childish in his unhelpfulness.’
- ‘So I shall set out on another long drive today, and while I drive I shall ponder the general unhelpfulness of inanimate things.’
- ‘We've all faced it: red tape, small print, bureaucratic bungling or sheer unhelpfulness that can make doing even the simplest task a nightmare.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.