One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sera sighed and sat ungracefully onto the stool.’
- ‘Out of the window, I could see Jonah jogging ungracefully towards our block, all elbows and knees in a tragically unhip white vest, and I realised I'd had a lucky escape.’
- ‘Flopping ungracefully out of the tub, he paddled to shore.’
- ‘And then playfully he shunts me with his shoulder, making me step ungracefully into the wall so that even the waiter standing aside holding a stack of dirty plates has to suppress a smile.’
- ‘Dragging myself ungracefully to my feet, I froze again, listening for any noise, waiting for anyone to come and check what the commotion was about.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.