One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Making someone dissatisfied or unhappy through not allowing their character or abilities to develop fully.‘I lurched from one unfulfilling job to the next’‘Liz is trapped in an unfulfilling marriage’
- ‘It is an unfulfilling, thoughtlessly designed game.’
- ‘This may not be the perfect time for frustrated employees to exit an unfulfilling position.’
- ‘Obviously, having no choices at all can make life unfulfilling.’
- ‘The high-tech video effects are dazzling but ultimately unfulfilling.’
- ‘The band's songs follow the usual goth themes about solitary existence and unfulfilling relationships.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.