One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To protect themselves from accusations of bullying unfriendliness, these kids are really really nice to everybody all the time.’
- ‘Surprised by this attitude of greed and unfriendliness, I will confess that I declined to pay.’
- ‘Again, I've found myself in a city where by comparison I start thinking that London's cold, unfriendliness where no-one looks at anyone in the eye is actually rather pleasant.’
- ‘It is generally not regarded as being as friendly as Glasgow - and that is probably true - but Edinburgh's problem is probably reserve, rather than real unfriendliness.’
- ‘The hall inside echoed with cold unfriendliness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.