One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a document, storage medium, etc.) not formatted.
- ‘He has to manage data from city hospitals delivering information on diseases by mail, fax, attached spreadsheets, and unformatted electronic text.’
- ‘Note that if your new drive is unformatted, all you'll get if you make a mistake is an error.’
- ‘It has an unformatted capacity of 80GB, average seek time of 9ms, a 7200 rpm spindle speed and a buffer size of 2MB.’
- ‘Thanks in part to the Internet, the world is awash in data, the great majority of which is unformatted and housed in disparate, often inaccessible locations.’
- ‘Researchers can search the information which is available as unformatted free text files that can be searched by keyword or phrase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.