Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Impossible to forget; very memorable.‘that unforgettable first kiss’
memorable, indelible, never to be forgotten, not to be forgotten, fixed in the mind, haunting, catchy, persistentstriking, impressive, distinctive, significant, special, outstanding, spectacular, extraordinary, exceptional, remarkable, arresting, singular, signalView synonyms
- ‘The great floods of March 1999 produced some memorable stories and unforgettable images.’
- ‘Besides being a nostalgia trip, it also promises to be an unforgettable culinary experience.’
- ‘Visitors say that watching the sun rise on the island was the most unforgettable experience of their stay.’
- ‘Their work offers an unforgettable anthology of movement, illumination and music.’
- ‘Bringing to the screen unforgettable characters, he has never compromised on his beliefs.’
- ‘With his full band behind him, Brian will leave you with an unforgettable impression.’
- ‘There have been plenty of unforgettable episodes in this lucky little shop.’
- ‘The sight of these massive blocks of ice is certainly most impressive and unforgettable.’
- ‘I returned home late that evening with a sore throat, tired but quite happy after having spent an unforgettable day.’
- ‘Sarah's acceptance and his heroic feat made it an unforgettable day.’
- ‘Then lie back, relax and order their unforgettable chocolate brownies.’
- ‘Even for someone who is not a connoisseur of art, visiting the place is an unforgettable experience.’
- ‘There's only so much you can forget and visions have a habit of being unforgettable.’
- ‘Here indeed was an unforgettable spectacle, designed to mesmerise the West.’
- ‘If you can blot out the racket, it is an unforgettable experience.’
- ‘Her stage presence is utterly unforgettable, and her musicianship is flawless.’
- ‘He had to rush off afterwards because he was rehearsing for a show but he still found time to come along and help make it an unforgettable night.’
- ‘It was an unforgettable journey after four days in the relative glamour and beauty of St Petersburg.’
- ‘The scenery along with the crisp mountain air promises to offer an unforgettable experience.’
- ‘The guy's just inexplicably unforgettable in the role that made him an international star.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.