One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in sports) a mistake made on an easy shot by a competitor in a nonpressure situation.
- ‘The game was still close, balancing on a handful of mistimed shots and unforced errors.’
- ‘They both are power players, which usually leads to a lot of unforced errors.’
- ‘Both cuemen made countless unforced errors, missed easy pots, and failed to take break-building chances.’
- ‘At the same time, I think this is what we call in baseball an unforced error.’
- ‘When losing or in a pressure situation, they would commit unforced errors, so I didn't get tired playing them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.