Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in sports) a mistake made on an easy shot by a competitor in a nonpressure situation.
- ‘The game was still close, balancing on a handful of mistimed shots and unforced errors.’
- ‘They both are power players, which usually leads to a lot of unforced errors.’
- ‘Both cuemen made countless unforced errors, missed easy pots, and failed to take break-building chances.’
- ‘When losing or in a pressure situation, they would commit unforced errors, so I didn't get tired playing them.’
- ‘At the same time, I think this is what we call in baseball an unforced error.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.