One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that was not expected or regarded as likely.‘he died unexpectedly of a heart attack’as submodifier ‘unexpectedly high visitor numbers’
- ‘An arrangement of tiered brick platforms makes for an unexpectedly formal transition between each room.’
- ‘He unexpectedly finds himself opening up about his chance encounter with Shirley.’
- ‘Far from a smutty provocation, the painting is unexpectedly lyrical.’
- ‘A man from Julia's past has shown up unexpectedly.’
- ‘They have been unexpectedly successful in mobilizing large numbers of professionals dealing with modern conservation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.