One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that was not expected or regarded as likely.‘he died unexpectedly of a heart attack’as submodifier ‘unexpectedly high visitor numbers’
- ‘He unexpectedly finds himself opening up about his chance encounter with Shirley.’
- ‘A man from Julia's past has shown up unexpectedly.’
- ‘Far from a smutty provocation, the painting is unexpectedly lyrical.’
- ‘They have been unexpectedly successful in mobilizing large numbers of professionals dealing with modern conservation.’
- ‘An arrangement of tiered brick platforms makes for an unexpectedly formal transition between each room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.