Not cleaned of dust or dirt; left dusty.‘woe betide any maid who left a corner undusted’
dirty, grimy, grubby, unclean, soiled, begrimed, befouled, mucky, sooty, stained, smudged, spottyView synonyms
- ‘We painted over some ugly bits, dusted some undusted bits and ate some chips.’
- ‘This is one of those books that runs a cloth over an undusted nook of history.’
- ‘Wall shelves were often left undusted.’
- ‘There she crouched in this undusted, dim corner of memory.’
- ‘The wallpaper was peeling, the furniture was undusted, the windows grimy, the curtains torn and tattered.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.