Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Without doubt; certainly.‘they are undoubtedly guilty’
doubtless, indubitably, doubtlessly, no doubt, without doubt, without a doubt, beyond doubt, beyond a doubt, beyond the shadow of a doubtunquestionably, beyond question, indisputably, undeniably, incontrovertibly, irrefutablyunequivocally, clearly, plainly, obviously, patently, positively, absolutely, certainly, with certaintydecidedly, definitely, surely, assuredly, of course, indeedView synonyms
- ‘This is pretty challenging stuff, and we will undoubtedly have our work cut out to achieve this.’
- ‘The UK is likely to pay more as a result, but that money will undoubtedly be better spent.’
- ‘However, there is an obvious problem that may undoubtedly arise from such a change in the rules.’
- ‘This one is a messy divorce and one due undoubtedly to wholly irreconcilable differences.’
- ‘Bacteria evolve so fast they will undoubtedly find a way to overcome this, too.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.