Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not able to be doubted; indubitable.
indubitable, undoubted, beyond question, beyond doubt, indisputable, undeniable, irrefutable, incontestable, incontrovertible, unimpeachable, unambiguous, unequivocal, unassailableView synonyms
- ‘Anyway, that aside, the cultural impact and importance of the series is undoubtable, regardless of if you personally liked or disliked it or were immune to it, the series was massive.’
- ‘It is undoubtable and unarguably an extremely traumatic procedure for anyone, let alone someone who is as vulnerable as a teenager.’
- ‘A path of undoubtable success awaits Sylvana, with Phantom of the Opera being an exciting and notable beginning to her illustrious Cape Town career.’
- ‘Unfortunately, like Eddie Van Halen would later experience, they'd begin to run dry not long after their first album was released, but to see the band at their undoubtable peak is thrilling.’
- ‘The capacity of nature to accommodate, and even to cooperate in, such an economy is also undoubtable; we have the necessary historical examples from many parts of the world.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.