Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not distorted.‘it may be difficult to provide undistorted information’
strict, factual, plain, simple, bare, exact, straightforward, starkView synonyms
- ‘Rear speakers are constantly engaged with dialogue sounding undistorted and clear.’
- ‘Dialogue is clear and undistorted, with no noticeable hiss.’
- ‘Only undistorted specimens exhibiting the complete set of lenses on their visual surfaces were considered.’
- ‘Meanwhile a Russian-Italian team found a much stronger cosmic string candidate in the constellation Corvus: a galaxy split into two uncannily similar and completely undistorted images.’
- ‘Only in three dimensions can waves propagate in an undistorted and reverberation-free fashion.’
- ‘Reflection records over the main plateau reveal smoothly-layered, undistorted sediments overlying a relatively smooth basement surface.’
- ‘It may be years before we hear the true voices of survivors, undistorted by propaganda or drowned out by accusations that it is propaganda.’
- ‘Its main purpose is narration, and the dialogue comes through clean and undistorted, so it achieves its aims quite amicably.’
- ‘One linkage group contains common undistorted regions between the two maps.’
- ‘Interestingly, if you now look at the final drawing at the proper angle from the edge, it appears undistorted.’
- ‘Also, many times, measurements of behaviors do not address an undistorted whole picture.’
- ‘This original, undistorted idea of sport as a meaningful, dignified pursuit of physical excellence can be traced back to the ancient Olympics and to the various traditions of martial arts.’
- ‘Its major goal is to establish ‘a system of rules dedicated to open, fair and undistorted competition.’’
- ‘However, undistorted crystals are extremely rare.’
- ‘One of the specimens was preserved relatively uncrushed and undistorted, and at last we had a new look at its structure.’
- ‘Furthermore, very careful experimentation is required and care must be taken in carrying out all the necessary corrections to obtain undistorted data.’
- ‘There's a little more strength to the stereo one, particularly during the action sequences, but both provide clear, undistorted sound.’
- ‘A fixed set of transmit-codes are sent between the receiver and the keyboard until the receiver locks in on the first undistorted code it gets.’
- ‘Without any electron beam, back lighting or polarization, the image is sharper, brighter and undistorted from side to side.’
- ‘She is always in the groove of the phrase, which makes her crescendos and decrescendos seamless and undistorted.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.