One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a molecule) not dissociated into oppositely charged ions.
- ‘Production of the weak acid nitrite and excretion of undissociated nitric acid may help to stabilize cytosolic pH.’
- ‘Weak acids vary in strength from those which exist primarily as hydrated molecules and only ionize to a very small extent to those which ionize substantially and are in equilibrium with only a small amount of undissociated molecules.’
- ‘Some substances, such as weak acids or bases in their undissociated form, are soluble in lipids and will dissolve in the lipid bilayer of the cell membrane.’
- ‘At pH 8.9, it was a mixture of undissociated molecules, monoanion and dianion.’
- ‘However, if the acid is titrated against a dilute base, the undissociated molecules progressively dissociate and eventually the total hydrogen ion concentration can be found.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.