Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not revealed or made known publicly.‘an out-of-court settlement for an undisclosed amount’
undisclosed, unrevealed, undivulged, untold, unspecified, secret, mysterious, dark, hidden, concealedView synonyms
- ‘He paid an undisclosed sum for it after a lively bidding session.’
- ‘The deal was due to be completed yesterday for an undisclosed amount.’
- ‘They forced the owner to open the till and hand over an undisclosed amount of cash and cigarettes.’
- ‘Was it a smoke screen for some secret hitherto undisclosed strategy?’
- ‘Monthly pension and health care benefits were increased by an undisclosed amount.’
- ‘It is also axing about 1,000 jobs in the US, and an undisclosed number in Europe.’
- ‘One of Scotland's leading management consultancies has been sold for an undisclosed sum in a management buyout.’
- ‘It was revealed the BBC paid her an undisclosed five-figure sum as compensation.’
- ‘Amanda is being treated for depression and also for an undisclosed illness she contracted on holiday last year.’
- ‘The thieves came during the night, broke into the safe and stole an undisclosed amount of cash.’
- ‘Now it has been rescued following a management buyout for an undisclosed amount of money.’
- ‘The suspect escaped with the woman's wallet containing an undisclosed amount of cash.’
- ‘This follows the discovery of prototype devices during a raid on a safe house at an undisclosed location, the analyst said.’
- ‘The extent of the deal is undisclosed, but there was an asking price of £300,000 for the freehold.’
- ‘An undisclosed sum that could amount to millions of pounds has been found missing in the accounts of the stately home.’
- ‘Under the terms of the settlement, the commission agreed to issue an apology and pay an undisclosed amount of money.’
- ‘In the office, a safe containing an undisclosed amount of money was forced open.’
- ‘Brown's Court of Session action was settled out of court for an undisclosed amount.’
- ‘After the store closed, the men forced the several employees inside to open tills and hand over an undisclosed amount of cash.’
- ‘Two men were arrested and 15 used printer cartridges and an undisclosed amount of ketamine seized.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.