One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Showing no deviation; constant and steady.‘the undeviating loyalty of his wife’
persistent, continuing, constant, continual, continuous, non-stop, lasting, never-ending, steady, uninterrupted, unabated, unabating, unbroken, interminable, incessant, unstoppable, unceasing, endless, unending, perpetual, unremitting, unrelenting, unrelieved, sustainedView synonyms
- ‘They came to prominence between the two world wars, in what is known as the ‘golden age’ of crime fiction, in which solutions hinged on the clockwork arrival of trains and an undeviating adherence to etiquette.’
- ‘In fact, the narrow strips that he placed next to each other were parallel and undeviating in their two-dimensionality.’
- ‘Creative individuals and undeviating purpose and rationality achieve joy and fulfillment.’
- ‘After all, Newton believed that time was like an arrow; once fired, it soared in a straight, undeviating line.’
- ‘It is his understanding of a horse and its needs - his total and undeviating attention to that subject - that has made him one of the finest racehorse trainers in history.’
- ‘In a world of complex systems it is not appropriate to charge forward with rigid, undeviating directives.’
- ‘It's pretty easy to see that romantic love is unfortunately bundled with the baggage of jealousy, suspicion, exclusiveness, and undeviating fidelity.’
- ‘His undeviating rule appears to have been to breed high quality pedigree stock and to feed them from his own resources.’
- ‘We assume that the predator moves in an undeviating straight line, unless it detects the prey individual.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.