One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a testicle) remaining in the abdomen instead of having descended normally into the scrotum.
- ‘Watchful waiting is not an option because true undescended testicles rarely descend spontaneously after three months of age.’
- ‘An operation may be needed to correct this if the testicles remain undescended at 6-12 months.’
- ‘Cryptorchidism, or undescended testicle, is usually diagnosed during the newborn examination.’
- ‘The main risk factor appears to be having had an undescended testicle, where the testicle fails to reach its proper position within the scrotum naturally.’
- ‘When I was 10 years old I had an operation to correct an undescended testicle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.