One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a testicle) remaining in the abdomen instead of having descended normally into the scrotum.
- ‘Cryptorchidism, or undescended testicle, is usually diagnosed during the newborn examination.’
- ‘An operation may be needed to correct this if the testicles remain undescended at 6-12 months.’
- ‘When I was 10 years old I had an operation to correct an undescended testicle.’
- ‘Watchful waiting is not an option because true undescended testicles rarely descend spontaneously after three months of age.’
- ‘The main risk factor appears to be having had an undescended testicle, where the testicle fails to reach its proper position within the scrotum naturally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.