Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a testicle) remaining in the abdomen instead of having descended normally into the scrotum.
- ‘An operation may be needed to correct this if the testicles remain undescended at 6-12 months.’
- ‘Cryptorchidism, or undescended testicle, is usually diagnosed during the newborn examination.’
- ‘The main risk factor appears to be having had an undescended testicle, where the testicle fails to reach its proper position within the scrotum naturally.’
- ‘Watchful waiting is not an option because true undescended testicles rarely descend spontaneously after three months of age.’
- ‘When I was 10 years old I had an operation to correct an undescended testicle.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.