One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ballot not counted because of unclear marking by the voter.
- ‘In the 18 punch-ballot counties that use the punch-ballot vote, the undervote was 1.5 percent.’
- ‘By the way, there were fewer undervotes and overvotes than in 2000.’
- ‘There were about 10,500 of these ballots and up to 60,000 undervotes throughout the state.’
- ‘For some voters, that undervote or overvote is their decision.’
- ‘Any undervotes are clearly the decision of the voter.’
- ‘A hand count of undervotes could be organized and carried out in a matter of days.’
- ‘For example, voting a straight party ticket and then choosing a candidate for a particular office would be an overvote on some optically-scanned ballots, but would be an undervote on some electronic machines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.