Underclothes, especially those worn by a woman or girl.
women's underwear, underclothes, underclothing, undergarments, nightwear, nightclothesView synonyms
- ‘Juliet's mother is very distraught at her daughter's preference for sports rather than lacy underthings.’
- ‘He walks on screen and ladies melt directly into their underthings.’
- ‘Totally unaware of the amusement her underthings were causing, Beth scrambled around her little apartment getting changed.’
- ‘John and Deborah are rarely together, and when they are, they're sparking each other's imagination, not ripping each other's underthings.’
- ‘‘You could at least turn your back,’ her cheeks were faintly red as the dress dropped to the floor, her white corset and underthings binding the shapely body beneath.’
- ‘It's really just an excuse to watch a woman undress, of course, but although lots of bizarre underthings get removed, she's still quite covered up by the end.’
- ‘Once she was down to her very pretty lace underthings she forced herself to look at him.’
- ‘Valerie put the scarves aside and concentrated on searching through her underthings.’
- ‘A couple of times he'd been able to see her through a gap in the curtains; once in her underthings.’
- ‘Grace stood in front of a full-length mirror, clad only in her underthings, studying her figure with a most scrutinizing eye.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.