Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Underclothes, especially those worn by a woman or girl.
women's underwear, underclothes, underclothing, undergarments, nightwear, nightclothesView synonyms
- ‘Grace stood in front of a full-length mirror, clad only in her underthings, studying her figure with a most scrutinizing eye.’
- ‘Juliet's mother is very distraught at her daughter's preference for sports rather than lacy underthings.’
- ‘John and Deborah are rarely together, and when they are, they're sparking each other's imagination, not ripping each other's underthings.’
- ‘‘You could at least turn your back,’ her cheeks were faintly red as the dress dropped to the floor, her white corset and underthings binding the shapely body beneath.’
- ‘It's really just an excuse to watch a woman undress, of course, but although lots of bizarre underthings get removed, she's still quite covered up by the end.’
- ‘Totally unaware of the amusement her underthings were causing, Beth scrambled around her little apartment getting changed.’
- ‘Valerie put the scarves aside and concentrated on searching through her underthings.’
- ‘Once she was down to her very pretty lace underthings she forced herself to look at him.’
- ‘He walks on screen and ladies melt directly into their underthings.’
- ‘A couple of times he'd been able to see her through a gap in the curtains; once in her underthings.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.