Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Supplied with fewer retail stores than the market demands.‘specific market niches in which Chicago is understored compared to Los Angeles and New York’
- ‘Secondly, Argentina was greatly understored having only a couple of foreign retailers.’
- ‘Furthermore, the immediate area surrounding the South Bay Pavilion is still understored.’
- ‘Several markets in the U.S. with high-growth population rates are relatively understored and need more pharmacies.’
- ‘Despite the rapid residential growth in the area, he notes that Lancaster County is very understored and underserved based on national benchmarks.’
- ‘But the retail sector contains enormous opportunities: New York City remains sorely understored compared with the rest of the country.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.