One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Last but not least to offer their opinion was Lorna, who again was understatedly confident.’
- ‘Now, understatedly, the situation is much different.’
- ‘‘He didn't exactly embrace the editing process,’ my editor said, hinting, albeit understatedly, at the reporter's obstreperous personality.’
- ‘Somewhere, stylistically, between country rock and folk roots, this Minneapolis-based songwriter has an original, weathered and understatedly expressive voice for a 23-year-old.’
- ‘‘Yes, this is a testing time,’ he understatedly said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.