One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lacking sufficient mechanical, electrical, or other power.‘the turbo diesel engine is underpowered’
- ‘The second mission required us to takeoff at max weight with a high outside air temperature, which translates to minimum climb performance for an already underpowered aircraft.’
- ‘Never overlook the significance of a power supply - an underpowered system will be prone not only to unreliable operation, but also to component damage.’
- ‘Smaller, inexperienced contractors sometimes bring undersized or underpowered bargain-basement tools wholly mismatched for the task.’
- ‘Remember when electric cars were laughed at for being slow and underpowered.’
- ‘Small, nimble, and underpowered for many jobs, the 480-horsepower tug burns little fuel and draws only five feet of water, two feet less than most small tugs.’
- ‘Half an hour late, the train staggers out of the station, dangerously overcrowded, and totally underpowered.’
- ‘It used to be that personal computers were rather underpowered and memory-poor, enough so that they placed artificial limits on a hacker's learning process.’
- ‘If your land is too hilly, an underpowered tractor may not be able to climb the slopes.’
- ‘How can an SUV with close to 300 lbs. ft. of torque available across almost the whole rev band be thought underpowered?’
- ‘Any treadmill that costs less is going to be underpowered and won't have good, strong components that will last.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.