One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lacking sufficient mechanical, electrical, or other power.‘the turbo diesel engine is underpowered’
- ‘How can an SUV with close to 300 lbs. ft. of torque available across almost the whole rev band be thought underpowered?’
- ‘It used to be that personal computers were rather underpowered and memory-poor, enough so that they placed artificial limits on a hacker's learning process.’
- ‘Remember when electric cars were laughed at for being slow and underpowered.’
- ‘The second mission required us to takeoff at max weight with a high outside air temperature, which translates to minimum climb performance for an already underpowered aircraft.’
- ‘If your land is too hilly, an underpowered tractor may not be able to climb the slopes.’
- ‘Small, nimble, and underpowered for many jobs, the 480-horsepower tug burns little fuel and draws only five feet of water, two feet less than most small tugs.’
- ‘Any treadmill that costs less is going to be underpowered and won't have good, strong components that will last.’
- ‘Half an hour late, the train staggers out of the station, dangerously overcrowded, and totally underpowered.’
- ‘Never overlook the significance of a power supply - an underpowered system will be prone not only to unreliable operation, but also to component damage.’
- ‘Smaller, inexperienced contractors sometimes bring undersized or underpowered bargain-basement tools wholly mismatched for the task.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.