One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An undergarment covering the lower part of the torso and having two holes for the legs.
- ‘It is 2pm and I am sat in my parent's living room, wearing my underpants and one sock, talking to one of the cats.’
- ‘Now, surely I'm not the only one who cuts up his old underpants to make dusters, am I?’
- ‘Beside the shorts and shirt they wore, all they had was a pair of slacks, a sweater, a change of socks and underpants.’
- ‘They should have known better than to mess with a man who wears his underpants over his trousers.’
- ‘Meanwhile, there's the small matter of underwear - how does one find a pair of underpants to fit?’
- ‘I'm even going to stop wearing pyjamas and sleep in my underpants!’
- ‘He had a shirt on and underpants and I kept telling him not to go back into the house, but he wanted some trousers to wear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.