One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An undergarment covering the lower part of the torso and having two holes for the legs.
- ‘They should have known better than to mess with a man who wears his underpants over his trousers.’
- ‘It is 2pm and I am sat in my parent's living room, wearing my underpants and one sock, talking to one of the cats.’
- ‘He had a shirt on and underpants and I kept telling him not to go back into the house, but he wanted some trousers to wear.’
- ‘Now, surely I'm not the only one who cuts up his old underpants to make dusters, am I?’
- ‘I'm even going to stop wearing pyjamas and sleep in my underpants!’
- ‘Meanwhile, there's the small matter of underwear - how does one find a pair of underpants to fit?’
- ‘Beside the shorts and shirt they wore, all they had was a pair of slacks, a sweater, a change of socks and underpants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.