One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Secretive or dishonest behavior.‘he rules with a combination of threats and underhandedness’
- ‘It is the sneakiness and underhandedness that has disappointed me.’
- ‘I'm not going to permit this sort of underhandedness or distortion to prevent me from doing a job in the service of the Tasmanian people.’
- ‘The aim of the government's underhandedness was to make the deal look like the property of 'the People'.’
- ‘The woman had depths of underhandedness he was only beginning to comprehend.’
- ‘The Commission's reforms were shot through with serpentine underhandedness.’
- ‘The problem is not with the underhandedness of a given lobby group, the problem is with the system that allows financial might to dominate the decision-making process.’
- ‘She always acts above board, never resorting to underhandedness.’
- ‘You think that infighting, back-stabbing and underhandedness were only confined to Republicans and Democrats?’
- ‘Intriguing how a simple answer to a question by a reporter could distract people from the true underhandedness taking place right under their noses.’
- ‘That's all Mayo were trying to do and for their efforts to be upfront they met only with underhandedness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.