One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Insufficient provision of money for a particular purpose, especially by an organization or government.‘the chronic underfunding of elderly care’
- ‘Large excess capacity still exists and pension underfunding continues to haunt firms.’
- ‘Underfunding means the program may not take on new clients.’
- ‘Parents are having to pay too much in school fees to compensate for chronic underfunding by the provincial government.’
- ‘Top of the considerable pile of conundrums on his desk as director of television is the station's perennial problem of underfunding.’
- ‘The current underfunding problem dictates an extensive overhaul.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.