One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Insufficient provision of money for a particular purpose, especially by an organization or government.‘the chronic underfunding of elderly care’
- ‘Parents are having to pay too much in school fees to compensate for chronic underfunding by the provincial government.’
- ‘Large excess capacity still exists and pension underfunding continues to haunt firms.’
- ‘The current underfunding problem dictates an extensive overhaul.’
- ‘Underfunding means the program may not take on new clients.’
- ‘Top of the considerable pile of conundrums on his desk as director of television is the station's perennial problem of underfunding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.