Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The list of less important bouts on the same bill as a main boxing match.
- ‘The 23-year-old fighter aims to come through unscathed as he's booked to appear on the undercard for the Mike Tyson bill at Hampden Park on June 24.’
- ‘I fought on the Ibeabuchi undercard in 1996, it was my pro debut fight.’
- ‘There was considerable hope for Scottish boxing with the performance of several fighters on the undercard.’
- ‘Walker's bout was on the undercard of Howard Eastman's successful defence of his British, Commonwealth and European titles against Scott Dann.’
- ‘Some of Ireland's finest boxing talent will appear on the undercard.’
- ‘Before the main event, you have to watch the undercard.’
- ‘The main fights and the pick of the remaining undercard will be screened later on the BBC.’
- ‘On the undercard that included five other heavyweight contests and one fight at cruiserweight Taras Bidenko celebrated the quickest knockout.’
- ‘I have heard talk about it being the undercard for the James Toney fight and I know the people in England are now trying to get the fight over there as well.’
- ‘I am excited about the fight myself and the whole undercard.’
- ‘The final undercard bout featured featherweights Rogers Mtagwa and Valdemir Pereira.’
- ‘All the fights on the card figure to be competitive, with an action-filled undercard to boot.’
- ‘Well, the fighter wound up on the undercard of one of Basilio's fights in Syracuse.’
- ‘If it wasn't for Mosley, I'd still be fighting on the different undercards around the country.’
- ‘The two youngsters will trade leather in a boxing promotion featuring seven other bouts on the undercard.’
- ‘The funds covered expenses for the boxers' undercards, medical bills, liability insurance, and the boxing commission.’
- ‘The undercard for Sundays show, televised live on Main Event PPV and Sky Channel is.’
- ‘He will be fighting on the undercards of the main BBC promoters during his first six fights.’
- ‘The tournament will be staged by Luvo Boxing Promotions and features other exciting bouts on the undercard.’
- ‘Exciting and surprisingly short matches for the undercard.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.