One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The list of less important bouts on the same bill as a main boxing match.
- ‘The two youngsters will trade leather in a boxing promotion featuring seven other bouts on the undercard.’
- ‘He will be fighting on the undercards of the main BBC promoters during his first six fights.’
- ‘If it wasn't for Mosley, I'd still be fighting on the different undercards around the country.’
- ‘The final undercard bout featured featherweights Rogers Mtagwa and Valdemir Pereira.’
- ‘I have heard talk about it being the undercard for the James Toney fight and I know the people in England are now trying to get the fight over there as well.’
- ‘Well, the fighter wound up on the undercard of one of Basilio's fights in Syracuse.’
- ‘The funds covered expenses for the boxers' undercards, medical bills, liability insurance, and the boxing commission.’
- ‘I fought on the Ibeabuchi undercard in 1996, it was my pro debut fight.’
- ‘Some of Ireland's finest boxing talent will appear on the undercard.’
- ‘All the fights on the card figure to be competitive, with an action-filled undercard to boot.’
- ‘Before the main event, you have to watch the undercard.’
- ‘I am excited about the fight myself and the whole undercard.’
- ‘The main fights and the pick of the remaining undercard will be screened later on the BBC.’
- ‘The 23-year-old fighter aims to come through unscathed as he's booked to appear on the undercard for the Mike Tyson bill at Hampden Park on June 24.’
- ‘The undercard for Sundays show, televised live on Main Event PPV and Sky Channel is.’
- ‘The tournament will be staged by Luvo Boxing Promotions and features other exciting bouts on the undercard.’
- ‘Exciting and surprisingly short matches for the undercard.’
- ‘There was considerable hope for Scottish boxing with the performance of several fighters on the undercard.’
- ‘Walker's bout was on the undercard of Howard Eastman's successful defence of his British, Commonwealth and European titles against Scott Dann.’
- ‘On the undercard that included five other heavyweight contests and one fight at cruiserweight Taras Bidenko celebrated the quickest knockout.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.