Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Insufficiently active.‘a health problem such as an underactive thyroid’
- ‘The symptoms you describe are typical of an underactive thyroid gland.’
- ‘An underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism) can be treated with thyroid hormone (thyroxine).’
- ‘Nevertheless, for women suffering from hypothyroidism (i.e., underactive thyroid), this would be about five to seven servings too many.’
- ‘What happens is that the thyroid gland becomes under active.’
- ‘Americans may tend to be overweight and underactive, but gyms are still big business.’
- ‘Under active thyroid is easily diagnosed by your family doctor by means of a simple blood test.’
- ‘Hashimoto's is actually the disease that causes underactive thyroid.’
- ‘Women, especially those older than 40, are more likely to have an underactive thyroid than men are.’
- ‘There are plenty of natural treatments for an underactive thyroid.’
- ‘If you believe you have an underactive thyroid, the next step is to see a doctor.’
- ‘There are a number of symptoms associated with an under active thyroid.’
- ‘Blood tests are often prescribed to detect an underactive thyroid.’
- ‘From their symptoms, its clear that their thyroid is underactive.’
- ‘This is largely caused by underactive enzyme systems in the stratum corneum associated with the lack of hydration.’
- ‘Not all high cholesterol is caused by an underactive thyroid gland.’
- ‘The test showed that Stanton had an underactive thyroid, probably triggered by pregnancy.’
- ‘Therefore, if you suspect you have an underactive thyroid, consult a medical professional, preferably a holistic GP.’
- ‘You are right that many of your symptoms are consistent with an underactive thyroid.’
- ‘A blood test can tell if your thyroid gland is underactive.’
- ‘An underactive thyroid can be the result of an auto-immune problem, whereby the body's own antibodies attack the thyroid gland.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.