One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Under legal protection of secrecy.‘the judge ordered that the videotape be kept under seal’
- ‘A gratuitous promise, pure and simple, remains unenforceable unless given under seal.’
- ‘Although the Trust agreement required that it be signed under seal and witnessed, this is not the case.’
- ‘They were forced to file their lawsuit under seal (meaning it must be dealt with confidentially) to avoid penalties for violating gag provisions in the Act.’
- ‘However, the Powers of Attorney Act 1971 s1 requires that powers of attorney be executed under seal.’
- ‘Moreover, the agreement was to be executed under seal and such execution requires unconditional delivery and not a delivery in escrow.’
- ‘If the mortgage is under seal, he has a statutory right to appoint a receiver or sell the land.’
- ‘So the lawyers want to file materials and their opposing brief under seal.’
- ‘It is of some importance to note that the agreement was executed under seal.’
- ‘The questioning was therefore conducted under seal in a closed courtroom.’
- ‘I will send two fully numbered copies for you to sign under seal and return to the undersigned.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.