One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Under legal protection of secrecy.‘the judge ordered that the videotape be kept under seal’
- ‘They were forced to file their lawsuit under seal (meaning it must be dealt with confidentially) to avoid penalties for violating gag provisions in the Act.’
- ‘However, the Powers of Attorney Act 1971 s1 requires that powers of attorney be executed under seal.’
- ‘Although the Trust agreement required that it be signed under seal and witnessed, this is not the case.’
- ‘Moreover, the agreement was to be executed under seal and such execution requires unconditional delivery and not a delivery in escrow.’
- ‘The questioning was therefore conducted under seal in a closed courtroom.’
- ‘If the mortgage is under seal, he has a statutory right to appoint a receiver or sell the land.’
- ‘It is of some importance to note that the agreement was executed under seal.’
- ‘A gratuitous promise, pure and simple, remains unenforceable unless given under seal.’
- ‘I will send two fully numbered copies for you to sign under seal and return to the undersigned.’
- ‘So the lawyers want to file materials and their opposing brief under seal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.