One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an envelope or parcel without any marks to identify the sender.
- ‘Same day courier delivery is under plain cover.’
- ‘Material was sent to their homes under plain cover.’
- ‘Career Development Reports are mailed under plain cover and marked ‘STRICTLY PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL’.’
- ‘All gift packs are sent under plain cover, free of charge by first class post.’
- ‘Any publications chosen will be posted under plain cover within three days.’
- ‘We are also capable of delivering under plain cover.’
- ‘We'll send the relevant unbranded product spec sheets under plain cover direct to your clients.’
- ‘Should you successfully conclude a contract please send it to me under plain cover.’
- ‘All correspondence is sent under plain cover to an address of your choice.’
- ‘Sales literature posted will be sent under plain cover and will only bear names and addresses on the outside.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.