Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Unable to be denied or disputed.‘it is an undeniable fact that some dogs are easier to train than others’‘ornate fireplaces give the place undeniable class’
indisputable, indubitable, unquestionable, beyond doubt, beyond question, beyond a shadow of a doubt, inarguable, undebatable, incontrovertible, incontestable, irrefutable, unassailablecertain, sure, definite, positive, conclusive, watertight, proven, clear, clear-cut, straightforward, plain, as plain as a pikestaff, transparent, obvious, unmistakable, evident, self-evident, manifest, staring one in the face, patent, marked, pronounced, express, emphatic, categorical, unequivocal, compellingirrefragable, apodicticView synonyms
- ‘However, it is also undeniable that the small shopkeepers of Swindon are a vital part of the the town.’
- ‘Yet it is undeniable that competition for higher education has changed over the past two decades.’
- ‘It is undeniable that we all would like to see the value of our investments rise.’
- ‘It is undeniable that they cannot be easily summarized or reduced to one-liners.’
- ‘It is also undeniable that some companies might overpay for their acquisitions.’
- ‘It is undeniable that there has been a huge increase in the amount of contact amongst individuals worldwide.’
- ‘That said, it's undeniable that his tool belt - worn slightly off the hip - really suits him.’
- ‘It is undeniable that these are all big companies in the field of high technology.’
- ‘It may take awhile for some of the skate pros to warn up to him, but it's undeniable that the kid rips’
- ‘It seemed undeniable that he would one day be recognised as the greatest ever.’
- ‘It's undeniable that emphasis on the video game business is at an all-time high right now.’
- ‘It's undeniable that the scope of copyright has expanded vastly during the last few decades.’
- ‘We immediately saw something in each other that made it undeniable that we were meant to be.’
- ‘It is undeniable that as the numbers engaged in farming decline, so the character of rural communities will change.’
- ‘It is undeniable that Christianity has shaped European history.’
- ‘It is undeniable that a lot of what is served up in school canteens is neither healthy nor nutritious.’
- ‘It is undeniable that what happened last Thursday is linked to what's happening abroad.’
- ‘It is undeniable that the town's bloom committee has made great strides in the beautification of the town.’
- ‘But it's undeniable that a rather large and rather good change in public behaviour has taken place.’
- ‘It is undeniable that some people will find that the income from their principal source of employment will be inadequate.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.