Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Cancel the deletion of (text or a file)
- ‘It was a simple matter to undelete the data files and retrieve their secrets as well.’
- ‘If there are no files available, you can try to undelete the files using a Windows undelete utility.’
- ‘The administrator is responsible for undeleting files, unlocking locked files and generally managing the content management system.’
- ‘He was an expert with computers and undeleting files.’
- ‘You can easily undelete recently axed messages from an e-mail program's Deleted Items or Trash folder.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.