Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Cancel the deletion of (text or a file)
- ‘If there are no files available, you can try to undelete the files using a Windows undelete utility.’
- ‘You can easily undelete recently axed messages from an e-mail program's Deleted Items or Trash folder.’
- ‘The administrator is responsible for undeleting files, unlocking locked files and generally managing the content management system.’
- ‘It was a simple matter to undelete the data files and retrieve their secrets as well.’
- ‘He was an expert with computers and undeleting files.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.